Chengdu CDC urgent reminder: winter alert “invisible killer” carbon monoxide poisoning!

2022-04-29 0 By

At the beginning of the New Year in 2022, a mother and a four-year-old child were killed after burning charcoal at home to keep warm, and two children died of carbon monoxide poisoning after bathing alone with a water heater.Into the winter, the temperature plummet, we close the doors and Windows, take a bath, charcoal heating, hi hot pot, barbecue may cause “carbon monoxide poisoning”, is often said “gas poisoning”.Carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless, making it hard to detect.Common toxic reason, it is to be in airtight or ventilated bad indoor charcoal heating, when using gas to boil hot pot, do barbecue or use gas water heater, because combustion is incomplete, exhaust gas discharge is not free, cause concentration of carbon monoxide in indoor air to rise.What are the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning?Mild poisoning: there will be headache, dizziness, palpitation, nausea, vomiting, fatigue and other symptoms.At this time, if you can open the window ventilation, inhalation of fresh air, symptoms will soon reduce, disappear.Moderate poisoning: may appear sweating, irritability, unsteady walking, pale skin, blurred consciousness, always feel sleepy, drowsy fatigue and gradually into a coma.If effective measures are taken, it can be almost cured with few sequelae.Severe poisoning: most of them have become confused, with clenched teeth, convulsions of the whole body, incontinence of urine and stool, cherry red complexion and lips, rapid breathing and pulse, increased blood pressure, arrhythmia, rales in the lungs, temperature may rise.Extremely critical patients can be in a deep coma, with weak pulse, irregular breathing, decreased blood pressure, and high fever of 40 degrees Celsius. At this time, life is in danger and the mortality rate is high.Even if they survive, they will have serious after-effects.How to find carbon monoxide poisoning first aid?After the occurrence of carbon monoxide poisoning, the victim should be immediately carried out of the room full of carbon monoxide, moved to a ventilated and warm place to lie flat, loosen collar and belt for ease of breathing.While waiting for rescue, the head of a person who is unconscious may be turned to one side to prevent the inhalation of vomit into the lungs and suffocation.Carbon monoxide poisoning, prevention is the most important!Now the country has entered a period of high incidence of carbon monoxide poisoning, Chengdu CDC urgently reminds, please be vigilant, do the following: 01 indoor coal burning, charcoal heating must keep air circulation, remember to ensure that before going to bed to extinguishment of fire, coal to burn, do not suffocate cover.Check the water heater and cooker in your home to ensure the installation standard. If there is any damage or leakage, replace it in time.When taking a bath, keep good ventilation. Do not let the water heater and gas stove burn empty.Do not use oil-fired generators for a long time in poorly ventilated rooms, garages and basements.04 long time in the car with air conditioning, be sure to open the window for ventilation, do not sleep in idle state, airtight air conditioning car.05 in the indoor eating hot pot, barbecue, also should pay attention to the window ventilation, it is best not to use coal, charcoal heating cooking hot pot.Can’t you smell smoke and not be poisoned?Carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless, and can be toxic before people realize they have carbon monoxide poisoning until it’s too late.Although the victim is conscious and wants to open doors and Windows to escape, his hands and feet are not in control and he is often unable to carry out effective self-rescue, which may result in coma or death.➤ Is there no toxicity with wet coal?Carbon monoxide is very insoluble in water, and water and gas can easily form water-gas mixture at high temperature, increasing the risk of poisoning.➤ There are gaps in doors and Windows to prevent poisoning?The proportion of carbon monoxide is smaller than air, and if the gap between doors and Windows is low, carbon monoxide is not easy to discharge.➤ Carbon monoxide poisoning can be rescued?Carbon monoxide poisoning may cause central nervous sequelae, so follow-up treatment must be adhered to to avoid sequelae.Chengdu Daily · Jin View news source health Chengdu official micro editor Wang Jian proofreading Wang Ling